Every time you look down at your ring finger a smile crosses your lips! He proposed and you said that one magical word “yes”. So now what?? Well eventually myself or someone like myself is going to want to photography that bad boy, so here are a few recommendations that the experts recommend!
5 Tips To Keep Your Ring Photo Ready!
- Get That BadBoy Insured! He spent his life savings, you are active and a fee spirit, this could be a recipe for disaster! Getting your ring insured will prepare you for things seen and unseen, no one wants to send cell phone pics of their new ring with diamonds missing!
- Visit your jeweler at least once a month for cleanings. Home remedies can be dangerous and wear down precious metals. A jeweler can fix normal wear and tear as well as ensure that prongs are not bent or damaged. If you really are a home remedy girl, you can clean your ring in warm water and a drop of Palmolive and use a soft toothbrush to remove lotions and oils transferred from your hands.
- Keep your filthy paws of my silky drawers! Okay no seriously don’t touch the diamond, or whatever gem is the center focal point of your ring. I can’t tell you how many times I went to photograph a wedding ring and I can see your DNA all up on there.
- Don’t take it off in public. My hubby is guilty of this! He has dropped his wedding band in weird hard to get out places. He has large hands, they swell and he is always removing his ring to let the swelling down, don’t be like Craig! There has been numerous times I have found him crawling around, especially on the car floor, looking through cracks and crevices to recover his precious metal. I would recommend taking off your ring at home only, and having a few jewelry dishes to store you ring in your high traffic areas, like around sinks.
- Get is resized. Let’e be honest life happens and we may put on a few, or loose a few, either way your ring doesn’t fit the same as the day he asked, don’t be afraid to take it in and get it resized to accommodate life changes.